Happy Friday y’all!!
2020 has been the wildest ride so far, and so please excuse another short interlude between issues while I’ve been wrapping my head around the madness that is this year.
Despite these crazy times though, I’ve been blown away by the amazing work coming from digital PRs up and down the country, as well as the consistent support and sharing of knowledge and resources.
It really is lovely stuff, and reminds me of how lucky I feel to working in such a cool lil pocket of the digital marketing world.
Looking forward to seeing the year out by continuing to share amazing campaigns, amazing tips and talking to amazing people!
Issue #15 – Fave PR Campaigns
My fave PR campaigns from the last two weeks…
- This week I fell back in love with this gorgeous visualisation from Reuters Graphics called ‘Drowning in Plastic’. Can’t. Stop. Watching. The. Bottles.
- Thank you to my good pal and digital PR queen Ellie Hearn for sharing this amazing graphic spotted on Visual Capitalist which visualises the fine print of popular apps from Spotify to TikTok.
- I’ll be very surprised if anyone reading this newsletter hasn’t already seen the amazing work of super talented and Work in PRogress alumni Alex Hickson, but in case you haven’t, check out his amazing new candles which have landed coverage everywhere.
- I adored this campaign by Money.co.uk which looks at how much it would cost to insure the jewellery of Disney princesses. Genius.
- Finally this campaign got me craving a plane ticket outta here, with these beautiful visualisations of famous landmarks from the air by Budget Direct.
Develop your skills...
Learn something new and discover useful resources this Friday morn with my fave tips, tricks and informative articles from the last fortnight:
- Incredible top tip from Damian Summers on how to log JPI syndicated titles in just a few minutes! The real MVP.
- I really enjoyed this blog post by Aliyah Loughlan on how to build trust online and become an authoritative source while building links.
- Mark Rofe shared another great top tip for finding journalists’ contact details when you don’t have access to a database.
- There is nothing like the complicated mixed emotions a digital PR feels when landing a great piece of coverage…that doesn’t link. This great article by Robyn Gravestock reveals how to avoid the mention trap.
This issue’s Work in PRogress – Louise Parker
My Work in PRogress this week is the wonderful Lousie Parker who is PR Director at Propellernet.
You can read the full interview with Louise on my blog below.
And that’s it!
Please direct all feedback, suggestions and any events, training courses or campaigns you think should be included in this newsletter to:
And catch up on other issues of Work in PRogress here.